Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Best Friend

Valentines day doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I think that we should tell people we love them everyday....and no it has nothing to do with the fact that I don't have a significant other...that is just the way I am. Well this past valentine's day is one I will remember, but in a different way then you may be thinking.
Our family dog, Princess, passed away. She has been a part of out family for the past eighteen years. I don't care what anyone else says....she was part of our family. It was really sad to see her finally go because was one of us.
She usually went everywhere with us especially when we went camping. There was one time she was curled up by my dads feet in our camp trailer. When my dad moved around somehow she ended up outside.
She was such a good friend too. She always knew when one of us was having a hard time and would come cuddle with us. She was also a good listener when you needed someone to talk to or vent to! Who could have asked for a better friend.
Here is a picture of her a year ago. She is a miniature collie blue heeler mix.


4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh!!! I'm so sorry! :( I loved Princess, too. I bet she misses all of you just as much as you miss her. 18 years is a long life for a doggie, and yet it IS so short when she really does become part of your family. My condolences, Melissa.

Jessica Ann said...

She will always be remembered she couldn't have picked a better day to return to her mother!

Cheryl said...

I was so sorry to hear about the passing away of Princess! I definitely agree that pets are family! That is so great that she had such a long life though.

Melissa said...

Thank you Cheryl and Kathleen for your condolences.